iPhone + Apple Pencil

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nusynergy, Jul 5, 2016.

1. nusynergy macrumors regular

nusynergy

Do you guys think that apple would enable the apple pencil to ever work with the Plus / Pro version of the Iphones in the future?

2. februarian macrumors 6502

februarian

Probably. Seeing as how the latest rumors speak of three iPhone 7 models in the making. One would likely guess the Pro stands for Apple Pencil support. It follows pattern with the iPad Pro naming scheme and thus would be a natural fit.

3. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I can't see how the Apple Pencil would be a benefit on the iPhone. I have the Pencil and use it with my iPad Pro 12.9 but it seems silly to m to use it on the phone.

4. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

People like using the S Pen with the Note series.

5. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Isn't the S pen much smaller than the Pencil?

6. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

Yes it is

7. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

I can sort of see the benefit of using a pencil on the iPhone, but IMO it would have to be a much smaller one otherwise it would feel very unwieldy

8. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I think the Pencil is far too large to be used with the iPhone. It pairs with the IPP perfectly though.

9. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

What does the size of the pen/pencil have to do with people using one with a phone?

10. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

the pencil us huge compared to a iPhone...tablets are much larger...

11. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

So you're saying people won't use it with a phone because the Pencil is too big, but if it was a little smaller they would?

12. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

Potential yes. I think that fact the pencil would not be proportional could change whether someone uses the pencil.

13. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

That's silly. A smaller stylus would be harder to hold and therefore harder to use.

Regardless, the size of the Pencil has nothing to do with whether the iPhone's screen is too small to use it on.

14. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

Well at least two of us on this very small thread think it would...so many you wrong. I am not saying everyone.

15. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

It's all about convienience. The Pencil is not a fun accessory to transport in ones pocket.

16. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

With that logic, nobody would use one with the iPad either.

Yeah, two people is a sufficient sample size.

17. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

Im not sure if your here to fight...but already several people said it would affect if someone would use it. It's not everyone...but our posts prove it would affect some.

18. Channan, Jul 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2016

Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

Two people = several apparently.

Also, ibook said he doesn't see how the Pencil would be a benefit on the iPhone, so I said people like using the S Pen. I didn't say EVERYONE uses the S Pen. I didn't say EVERYONE would use a Pencil on an iPhone (I wouldn't, though I wouldn't use one on an iPad either), so I'm not sure how you two turned it into an argument about how some people wouldn't use it.

19. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

Caps Lock...

I didn't say you said EVERYONE uses the S Pen. I didn't say you said EVERYONE would use a Pencil on an iPhone. I from the beginning clearly said things like (not everyone). The size of the Apple pencil will affect people from using it on an iPhone. The statement is true...this thread proves it. Your posts then try to deny that fact and call it silly...

All I am saying is simply...and nothing more and nothing less.

The size of the Apple Pencil would affect the use on an iPhone because of the size of the Pencil vs. iPhone.

Thread - Peace Out!

20. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

Cool. So I imply some people would like to use the Pencil on an iPhone and you counter with some people wouldn't. Thanks for the pointless debate.

21. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

I didn't deny your position (you actually never said they would use the Apple Pencil you only talked about the S Pen). But you tried to deny my position. That was the problem. I was trying to get you to agree that some may not use it because of size. I know its obvious...that is why I was dumbfounded you would argue it. :)

May be just a misunderstanding. In that case I am sorry if I was confusing. :)

22. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

Sure, some would rather a smaller Pencil, and others would rather the current size. The size of the Pencil was irrelevant. My entire point was that many people like the stylus on the Note series, not because of the size, but because of the precision and usefulness, so adding Pencil support to the iPhone would appeal to a lot of people.

23. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I don't think it will appeal to a lot of people. The size does matter (right ladies?). If they made the Pencil smaller relative to the iPhone you may have something. But at its current size the Pencil is too inconvenient to be useful. If I'm not mistaken the S Pen slides into the Note, does it not?

24. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

This is how I imagine you think the Pencil looks.

[​IMG]

I don't understand why you think it's so unwieldy. It's the size of a regular pen.

25. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Here is a pic of the full size pen I use everyday and the Apple Pencil. I think the Pencil is larger than the average pen. That's fine. I just feel that it is disproportionate in size to the iPhone, even the Plus. That's all. Maybe they will make the next Plus compatable with the Plus, but personally I don't think there is a huge demand for it. Only time will tell. image.jpeg