iPhone Apple Store App vs iPad Apple Store App

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by dsa420, Apr 9, 2015.

1. dsa420 macrumors 6502

not even messing with the site tonight at midnight after the mess that was was the IP 6 launch. If my memory serves me correctly, the iPad Store App didnt work while the iPhone app did, can any one confirm?

2. JFazYankees macrumors 6502

JFazYankees

I don't remember that being an issue, but I think everyone worried about site crashes is forgetting the difference in popularity between iPhone and Apple Watch. iPhone 6 and 6 Plus pre-orders were chaotic because there were 10 million people all trying to order at once. There won't be anywhere near that amount of people tonight for the watch, so there really shouldn't be any issues, just like there aren't any issues for iPad pre-orders.

3. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

I doubt we will see the mass errors like we did with the iPhone pre-order. I think the problem will be that they will go out of stock quickly because the supply is low.

I will have both the iPhone and iPad Apple Store app open on each device. I don't want to have any issues getting it on day one. :)

4. DynaFXD macrumors 6502a

DynaFXD

That, and the lack of headaches that were caused by the interconnection to the phone database to check upgrade eligibility across various telecoms will also work towards a smoother event. At least, I am hoping for that!

5. saley89 macrumors newbie

One thing I'm noticing with the App is that I cannot see how to enter a gift card alongside the payment card. On the web online store you can do this but not via he iPhone app.

Anyone seen any different? Have I missed something?

6. Mr.C macrumors 601

According to other posts on these forums apparently you cannot use gift cards on the Apple Store app only on the web site itself.

7. DynaFXD macrumors 6502a

DynaFXD

Sorry, I have no idea. Add a cheap cable to your cart in the app and take the steps through, BUT NOT FINALIZING, the purchase. The option to enter a gift card may show up in the final payment screen in some "Add gift card here" text box. Cancel the purchase when you are done and clear the item out of your cart.
    Good luck
    Edit: Looks like Mr C. answered the question.

8. saley89 macrumors newbie

That's a shame they haven't added that option. Especially as you can add them to passbook etc.

Oh well online it is. Thanks for the input!

9. 123playcard macrumors newbie

They should be same but background apps may make the differrence

So turn everything off on the D-Day :eek: