iPhone/Apple Tv - Is this a bad time buying?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Dennisk, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Dennisk macrumors newbie

Is this a bad time for buying an iPhone and an :apple:TV?

The Buying Guide on this site says that I should wait for the new iPhone, but if its more than 2 months away, I will buy it anyways.

What do you think - Is the new one right around the corner?

About the :apple:TV: I think it's a bit pricey (at least here in Denmark), so I was thinking that maybe there is an update on its way? Larger HDD etc?

Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks in advance!

2. trip1ex macrumors 68000

So the guide told you to wait and now you are looking for a different opinion? IF you ask enough people I guess you'll get one. But why waste your time then. Just buy it if you want to. Personally I would listen to the guide.

The ATV no one knows anything about. Apple could update it tomorrow or 2 years from now.

3. GadgetGeek71 macrumors 6502

Although it's difficult, I typically like to wait at least 6 months before buying the next new thing. This gives the manufacture time to work out major bugs after the initial release.

The last item I bought, when it first came out was the BlackBerry Flip...more like Flop.

Knowing that there may be a new iPhone around the corner, did not deter me from buying my first iPhone last Friday.

4. tropic10 macrumors member

New iPhone models have been released in June or July every year since 2007. There's no reason yet to think this year will be any different.