iPhone AppleCare from Apple ONLY?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Charismatron, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Charismatron macrumors newbie

Hey folks,

In my search for the the cheapest iPhone AppleCare source, some comments on Amazon suggest that currently, iPhone AppleCare can ONLY be purchased through Apple at this time.

Is this correct?

The are plenty of sellers on Amazon and eBay, offering sealed, boxed iPhone AppleCare. Are there any issues with these products? Is it true that iPhone 6 AppleCare is only available directly through Apple? Or are some of those boxed products okay? If so, is thee a particular code or model number to look out for?

Thanks!

2. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

The boxed versions only extend the factory warranty.
    AppleCare+ also covers accidental damage but is only available from an AppleStore or over the phone from Apple and must be purchased within 60-days of the phone's purchase.

3. Charismatron thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for all the great info!

I contacted the AppleCare people, and I now have AppleCare+ on my iPhone 6. Thanks for helping me straighten this thing out, as eBayers and folks on Amazon are often not specific about coverage.

For people like me, their products *look* like the right thing, but in this case they are absolutely not. Thanks for saving me time and money with your input.

:D:D:D