iPhone applecare transfer question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by maflynn, Jun 29, 2009.

1. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I sold my iPhone on ebay and I'm trying to transfer the applecare warranty to the new owner.

I emailed agmts_transfer 06/24/09 supplying the necessary information. I've yet to hear back from them then either stating its been transferred or I messed something up and it the transfer request was rejected.

Any thoughts or advice on how to proceed next? I've done this before and got the transfer completed within a day or two but now its getting a little excessive in my opinion.

2. Sonicjay macrumors 6502a

Sonicjay

Did the same thing with a MBP I sold; same limbo experience. I'm getting the impression they completely ignore that email address, though it's spelled out in the agreement. Of course, there's no phone number listed, only the email and fax..

3. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

I did this when I sold one of my macs a year or so ago. I did eventually get a response, I just don't remember how long it took. :eek:

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Why does it matter if Applecare is tied to the device, not the owner?

5. maflynn thread starter Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Because the buyer requested it, and I don't want to ruin my 100% feedback. I explained that its not tied to the owner but he was insistent on having it transferred. I have no problem with that and since apple does give you an avenue to transfer it, I expected apple to handle it in a timely manner. They used to as I noted in my post.

6. Swiss Apple macrumors member

Swiss Apple

Would appreciate anyone's experience on this. I've just sold my iPhone 3G and am trying to transfer my Ebay purchased Applecare from me to the new guy. When I click "Update Agreement Information" it gives me a form to fill in, and when I do it asks me to scan/fax a slew of original receipts :confused: for attachement to the form. If I click cancel the page closes.

Is there another way to do this??