iPhone Applecare

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bigsam411, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Bigsam411 macrumors member

I just Bought an iPhone and Applecare. I work retail so I know what Warranties and service plans are all about. I just like the fact that the battery is covered. Is the Applecare worth it or should I take it back?

2. aosman macrumors 6502

If you will be using your iPhone intensivley, I would keep it. That $69 will cover you for and it might just be worth it considering the battery will probably die out on you at some pt, not to mention other possible issues that may arise (like the random iPhone brickings with firmware updates)

3. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

i bought applecare for my iphone (though i haven't yet registered it) since i use my iphone every day and that kind of usage will be more likely to result in problems for which an extended warranty would be useful.

also, i'll probably upgrade to the 3G iphone when it's released, and the applecare warranty will add value to my current iphone when i go to sell it.

you have until the end of the original warranty to apply the applecare extended warranty. if you want, you could return the one you have now, and then wait until the last minute on your original warranty to see if you're having any problems where the extended warranty may be useful and buy it then.

4. rusty. macrumors member

rusty.

I love apple care had it on my iPod Video and now my Touch they were always so nice I got 4 ipod videos out of them my Touch i've had for 3 months with no problems.

5. naquada macrumors newbie

are you guys us based..? when i asked in the apple store in london if they did applecare on the iPhone, I was told "no not yet, apple havent really decided how it would work"

I did a search on the UK apple site for applecare and iPhone and got nothing.. so does this mean its US only, the guy was misinformed, it's new, or I missed something :confused:

6. calvy macrumors 65816

It's been available in the U.S. since nearly the launch. I can't recall if you could buy it on that day, but it wasn't long after that I know you could. I'm surprised they can't figure it out on the UK.

7. marykay9507 macrumors 6502a

marykay9507

i would recommend it-- you average out how much it costs and per day it is less than a dime-- not bad for peace of mind if something goes wrong with the phone!

8. Bigsam411 thread starter macrumors member

well counting both years it would be less than a dime a day but since the phone is already covered for the first year its about 19 cents a day which is still not bad.

Anyway I decided to keep the applecare and registered it the other day. thanks for the input guys.

9. EvryDayImShufln macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

I would have considered it but.. I'm in Canada and my warranty is essentially "void" anyway :D

If I ever need to extend my warranty, I can just sell it for more than I paid and buy a new one that I can unlock myself. Then I'll have an extra year hahaha

10. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Makes no sense if you actually purchased it yourself using a credit card that doubles the warranty.