Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sonicjay

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2008
That is really cool! Now my wife can start losing her iPod Touch in the couch cushions too!

elbirth

macrumors 65816
Jan 19, 2006
North Carolina, US
that's pretty sweet, it seems pretty quick and responsive too- not really any lag between hitting the button and the TV responding to it.

semi-unrelated question though, what case are you using on your iPhone? looks pretty sleek

FarSeide

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2008
Earth Lane
Awesome -- my exact experience.

No, you were right. It's not RF -- it's done through wi-fi on the local network.

thats great to know. Thanks for the info and thank you OP for the video.

B.B.D.- that's effing sweet, i haven't thought about them in a long time, well since the last time bobby brown got arrested.

i'm glad to see the remote in action too :D

New Edition for Life Man !

jaw3net

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I have the soon-to-be old iPhone and will be upgrading to the iPhone 3G. Is it possible to use my old iPhone just as a remote for my Apple TV? Anyone know?

elbirth

macrumors 65816
Jan 19, 2006
North Carolina, US
I have the soon-to-be old iPhone and will be upgrading to the iPhone 3G. Is it possible to use my old iPhone just as a remote for my Apple TV? Anyone know?

yeah, Apple has said that once your old iPhone is deactivated or your account is ported to the new one or whatever, it can be used as essentially an iPod touch with speakers

iKwick7

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2004
The Wood of Spots, NJ
and I thought it was awesome just to control iTunes on my mac via my iPhone! Now I, also, need to get an AppleTV!!!

It's a bit of a hard decision to make though, since I use both my 360 and PS3 to stream video to my HDTV. But still- an AppleTV would be the best route to take.

bryanl

macrumors member
Original poster
May 11, 2008
that's pretty sweet, it seems pretty quick and responsive too- not really any lag between hitting the button and the TV responding to it.

semi-unrelated question though, what case are you using on your iPhone? looks pretty sleek

It was surprisingly fast.

The case I'm using is from incase. I bought it in the Apple store. It is pretty sweet.

imacdaddy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2006
Thanks for the video. The app looks slick. Can the app bring up the keyboard to type on instead of using the tedious input method from the Apple remote?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.