Iphone Application in Xcode save images...

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by adryanmh, Jun 12, 2014.

1. adryanmh macrumors newbie

Hello, i would like to know if its possible... Took me a bit of time, but i finally managed to make in my application to browse in the simulator,media, and take a photo and show it on screen ....My question would be how should i proceed, as i want to save in a object of something like :
    NSString name
    and image url, or something to link it...How should i save the image that i got on the screen....Thats my question. Thank you very much. My teacher proposed to get rid of browse button, and just make the app so you go to safari, save a url of a image, add it....And thats how i would get the image on my Object List .
    Sorry im a begginer and i need a bit of help as i have to finish it by tomorrow...
    thanks...

2. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

You're probably not going to get much help getting others to do your homework here. Good luck on the assignment, though.

3. adryanmh thread starter macrumors newbie

Didn't think that i asked too much...Anyway i deleted my idea of adding new pictures and modified the app a bit easier, so no more problems now i guess...Thanks anyway, i wouldn't have asked anyway if i didn't have many things to do....Had 8 exams this week, plus this project...

4. Dookieman macrumors 6502

So you want to save a link from an image you found on the internet? Or save an image you have TO the internet?

5. adryanmh thread starter macrumors newbie

I wanted to make objects that can save images from the computer. The idea was i had a list with cat images + some label text. And i wanted to create a Add button , to add more images to the table view... I succesfully implemented a method to browse through the phone simulator for images, pick one ,and it gets shown on a Uiimageview on screen, but after that i was stuck. How can i save this into a object(a model...)?? So i can call on the mycatobject.image every time i need it...Could i save it in my project folder,under the name that i desire and then save it in mycatobject.imagename ? Or should i discard the idea of saving images in simulator, and just going in safari copying url, paste it in a text field, to make it easier to store the objects....? Or is there any other easy way of doing this...