iPhone Application Purchase Transfer

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fjfjfjfj, Sep 30, 2009.

1. fjfjfjfj macrumors regular

Why is it that every time I sync my iPhone with iTunes it transfers my purchased applications, even if it has already done so?

For example, I purchased the CNN application a day or two ago and I have synced about six times since then and each time it says "transferring purchases...CNN Mobile Application" in the status bar on iTunes. It does this with a few of my purchased applications, but not all. And then they must stop at some point because it does not sync all of my purchased applications.

Does that make sense? It drives me crazy.

Mark

2. moviebrain macrumors member

I would suggest deleting the offending apps from your iPhone and iTunes. Then sync.

After that is complete re-download the apps through iTunes and sync your phone again. It may help your problem.

Awhile back there were similar problems with music copying every time an iPod would sync and it had to do with a corrupted iTunes database. Backing up the music, deleting the entry from iTunes, and re-adding it would clear the problem.

Previously purchased apps are free to re-download, but in case you're worried about another error you can back up the apps you have by right-clicking (or alt-clicking) them in iTunes and "show in finder". Then copy *DON'T MOVE THEM YET!* to your desktop or another safe location for backup.

Good luck and let us know how it works out!