iPhone applications crashing

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Pheobe, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Pheobe macrumors newbie

I just got my iPhone 3 weeks ago, I got a 16 gig and have 14.64 left over the battery was half charged and the applications were crashing. I came home plugged it into the computer and synced it. Still crashing. Does anyone know what is going on here?

Thanks,
    Pheobe

2. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

Be sure you're running firmware 2.1, that makes a big difference.

If you're still having a lot of crash problems, do a full backup.. then restore your phone and reinstall the apps. That should do it. :)

3. Pheobe thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes it is on 2.1, I am not sure how to do a back up of my phone. I am kinda upset that I have only had it 3 weeks and having a problem with it already. The guy at the at&t store just did a reset on it because I couldn't log into my favorate website and that is what made it work, now I am having these crashing problems.

Pheobe

4. Italchef macrumors 6502

Have you been installing the applications from the phone or downloading and installing them from the computer when you synch? I've had a few problems when I've installed apps onto the phone directly. If you download them this way, delete them from the phone and reinstall them from when you synch with your computer.
    Mick

5. Pheobe thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you I did try that and most apps are working now except CroMag. It actually worked really good until the at&t guy did a restore then that is when it started messing up. Now it is so bad it freezes up my phone. I couldn't even turn it off for at least 5 minuetes. I am afraid to use it now.

I don't know how to back up my phone for restore. I assuming I just sync it making sure the apps are on my computer then click on restore?

Thanks Pheobe