iPhone Apps and Settings

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by marty1980, Apr 22, 2011.

1. marty1980 macrumors 6502

I am going to Jailbreak my iPhone to check some things out. I have a backup in iTunes of all my apps and settings.

If/when I restore to the factory iOS will iTunes also restore my saved games if the game saves are not saved online? I'm thinking not, but am curious.

After I jailbreak will I still be able to use and buy apps from the Apple App Store and music and podcasts from iTunes? How will I get my existing apps onto my phone after the jailbreak?

What are your top 10 recommended Jailbreak apps and where can I find them?

Thanks!

2. marty1980 thread starter macrumors 6502

Imma n00b

n00b mistakes... my bad :(

I think the answer is "No" it won't save offline data for games. Oh well...

Thanks for the links.

3. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

If you restore "from backup" your games will be restored. If you restore "as new iPhone" they will not. It will behave like an iPhone straight out of the Apple Store.

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

if you read the sticky it would tell you what scirica said that was the 1st link. All the links are worth reading for you. Do lots or reading before jailbreaking you will be better off.

5. marty1980 thread starter macrumors 6502

I've read plenty, but one thing is never answered clearly. This may be due to the fact that you have to understand what iTunes actually saves in your backup. The question is regarding the games/apps and the data saved in them.

Thank you. I think this is the most direct answer I have seen. It still sounds like the apps will be placed back on my phone but any saved game data will not.

I'm not really worried about losing data on my phone. I've got my pictures and movies saved. I've got the latest backup of my apps and settings. I've written down all of the apps that I currently have installed and the folder structure I have set up and gotten used to. It's not like I'm in the middle of a Final Fantasy game or anything. I am just investigating the details of a jailbreak.

I appreciate the responses.

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

1st link I gave you had that info as well. It's a very common questiona nd one every jb wants to know at some point. along with can I unjailbreak how etc. Welcome to the jailbreak world. :D