iPhone Apps Breaking Completely (Please Help)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by AvalonVales, Oct 4, 2014.

1. AvalonVales macrumors newbie

So, my i have an iPhone 5, and recently, my social media apps started breaking permanently, I've tried everything like restarting phone, and deleting and reinstalling the app, but the same thing always happens, when i click the app, the screen starts to glitch out turning red with lines across the screen, then the phone reboots, but when this happens the phone doesnt reboot, I have to reset it by holding down the home and power button, this only happens with social media apps too, so far the apps have been, facebook messenger, facebook, twitter, and snapchat. Any answers would be awesome, also I'm new to the site, so..if I posted this in the wrong place, I apologize

2. Trebuin macrumors 65816

Trebuin

That's not good. Back up your profile now...make sure you have your old backup as well as that may be your only good profile. Do a restore on your phone. If you're trying to stay on an older firmware, you may need some software to allow you wipe it out like wondershare's safeeraser. If you are not on ios 8 or 8.0.2, then try a full erase of everything. If it continues, this may be a hardware issue.