iPhone apps not loading

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by DrewM2, Jul 15, 2009.

1. DrewM2 macrumors newbie

All of a sudden about half of my non-Apple apps won't load on my iPhone 3G. They start to load for a split second and then crash. I've tried resetting the iPhone - with no luck- and also tried a suggestion to download a free app - this worked for a short time. I do have the 3.0 update.

Is anyone one else having this problem?

Any thoughts on a solution?

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You wrote that you "reset" the iPhone. What you need to try is a restore. That might fix it.

3. DrewM2 thread starter macrumors newbie

I was hoping there might be another option so I don't have to wipe out all my data....

4. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

I had the same problem after updating to 3.0 and unlocking. It had retained the apps from 2.2.

To resolve it, I deleted the apps that didn't work via iTunes and synched. Once gone from the phone I backed up the phone and then restored it to a clean state via DFU mode.

I unlocked again, then restored from my back up. No data wiped out that way, except the in apps own history.

Then I re-downloaded the missing apps from the App Store and everything worked again.