iPhone apps quit as soon as I launch them!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by d_saum, Aug 16, 2008.

1. d_saum macrumors 6502

d_saum

So, I did a backup and sync'd some new tunes and podcasts and all seemed well.... until later that evening. While sitting in a restaurant, I tried to launch some 3rd party apps while waiting for my food but none of them would launch. They would ALL quit immediately. All the default Apple apps work fine, but everything else quits. I've already restarted the phone twice, and am wondering, should I back it up again??? Thanks in advance for your help. Oh and by the way, I did search and haven't seen this problem anywhere else.

Dave

2. Excellerator macrumors 6502a

See this thread, it may help:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=537779

3. d_saum thread starter macrumors 6502

d_saum

Thanks for that link. It's odd though, I've had no problem until yesterday with it and ran the update as soon as it came out. My problem was fixed when I went to the app store and updated my apps. Don't ask me how or why this fixed all of them, but it did. The phone is still acting a bit wonky, but its way better than before.

4. zavhaz macrumors newbie

same problem

Hi, I found your post becuase i experienced the same problem with my 3Gs after i got some new tunes and synced later in the day. I tried your solution as i had couple updates pending, and it worked as well. But next day, after i connected my phone to Itunes again, after a while, later during the day, the same problem recurred. Has this happened to you again? Have you found a solution?
    Thank you.

5. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

I thought it was a jail broken issue. if I turned my phone off then on sometimes it would get stuck I would have to turn it off and on again to get it to boot.
    but today with my phone not jailbroken I had the same issue and had to turn off my phone again and on again. but to get the apps working I had to download a free app.

6. ViperStretton macrumors newbie

Solution!!!

Right guys got this sussed. Different things have worked for different people but none of them worked for me. I installed the new iPhone update and then all my 3rd party apps quit as soon as they launched... MAJOR DRAMAS!!

Heres my solution for those of you who are still stuck...

1. Make sure all of your apps are synced with itunes
    2. Select ‘Deathorize Computer’ from the store menu, enter your password… ** DONT SYNC NOW!!!
    3. Now select ‘Authorize computer’ from the store menu, enter your password and then click the sync button (even if its grayed out you should still be able to click it)

This worked for me, apparently when you update the iPhone firmware it screwes with the DRM. By doing this (deauthorize, authorize, sync) it reauthorizes the phone.

Spent the last 6 hours trying different solutions, restoring, resyncing, updating, rolling back and this took all of two minutes in the end. Just glad I didn’t lose 6 months of gym data by having to reinstall my GymBuddy App!!!!

Hope this helps someone out there. :) :mad::apple::mad:

7. Zacx6666 macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

I have the problem too, but hav u tried restarting ur ipod like powering off and on again i did that and it works again like a miracle try it

8. Zacx6666 macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Power ur ipod off and then on itll work again i did that and my ipod worked like new

9. BaBaBoooooooey macrumors regular

BaBaBoooooooey

I have had this problem as well.
    All i did was start the phone in safe mode, reinstall EVERYTHING...and then just restore from the back up.
    it sounds like its just a bad software issue...

10. Zacx6666 macrumors newbie

Ya im awsome my friends all hail me now

11. BobRichards macrumors regular

I had the exact same problem. A number of my apps (poker superstars, bejeweled 2, peggle, ebay app) were doing this to me. It took a couple restarts, but they finally started acting normal again.

12. Striker999 macrumors newbie

Here's the Cure

Don't worry about all that backup and restore stuff. Try this:
    Go to apps store and "buy" any free app - this will download install and basically reset the issue with your iphone. ;)