Iphone Apps

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by beachie66, Nov 5, 2014.

1. beachie66 macrumors newbie

It would be nice if and when Iphone has another update it gives the owner of the phone to option to keep or delete the apps that come with the Iphone. Some APPs I use all the time but there are others, I don't use and I would appreciate being able to use all the memory and data on my phone with APPs of my choice. Or use that memory storage for my precious photos. Dont get me wrong, I love my iphone but I also love my apps and it is irking to not be able to delete Apple Apps such as Health- not feeling the need to keep my phone on me at all times so the pedometer works - great in concept but it should be an option. Ibooks- with the font size I would need I would be able to read about 3 sentences at a time... I dont read books on my phone. I have a different GPS/MAP and weather. I don't need use Stocks, pod casts or Tips. They pop up at inconvenient time. I could use that memory for other things on my phone. I LOVE the calendar, photos and camera, Clock and use the Notes app all the time. Texting and facetime awesome! phone and blocking unwanted calls is great. I dont travel much so passbook sits empty......... I miss some of my music because I had to delete it to make room for the latest upgrade.

Anyway a thought: Allow your customers to keep the apps they want and delete the ones that take up space and are not used.

If there is a way to remove unwanted Iphone apps please let me know.
    Thank you,

2. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

IBooks is going to be roughly 31MiB, as of the last time it was stand alone. That's maybe 5 of your 'precious songs'.

Seems inconsequential, on a device with 64,000 MB

3. beachie66 thread starter macrumors newbie

If I had that phone you would be correct. But and sadly, I do not and that is another reason it would be nice if we had options. Not everyone has the macdaddy storage.

4. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

Just do what everyone else does and make a folder called junk and stick them all in there.

the 5 apps (or whatever IOS includes) is nowhere near as many as Samsung and Android give you

5. fsfty macrumors member

Yes but with android you can delete them or at least disable them.

6. doeboy711 macrumors newbie

You can with some, but you are left with a lot of VZW bloatware on it that you can't delete. That's why I always rooted mine and flashed custom Rom's to get rid of them and to make the phone faster. I was shocked there was hardly any bloatware when looking at my wife's iPhone 6+. I am so used to about 15 apps or so that I have to try and delete or disable right out of the box.

7. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

When you uninstall them, once you return to the play store they will all show up in the update area again, dont they?

8. beachie66 thread starter macrumors newbie

Glad to know i am not the only one regardless of device. It is a thought for the future updates that Apple could benefit from.
    Thanks for the tips! Good to know Apple has the fewest.