iPhone as a mouse...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kaician, Oct 14, 2008.

1. kaician macrumors member

kaician

I was really wary about buying $7 software to use my iphone as a mouse, but after trying it, it truly was awesome. I mean, exactly what i was looking for, a mouse to use from my be without having to worry about a trackpad, etc... Only one (HUGE) problem, it only works over a wifi connection.

That's ok and all when i have a full battery, but even when i'm connected over usb, with both the 3g radio and wifi radio going (only 3g over here) the battery seems to run down faster than usb can charge it.

Which brings me to my quandry, if apple allowed bluetooth to be used by apps for data connection to computers (among other things) how freaking amazing would the possibilities be. Keyboards, game pads, peripherals... The ipod could both use and become them... But it all hinges on apple allowing bluetooth to become unleashed,instead of what it is now, just for headsets (got one i don't even think of using...)

Here's for bluetooth iphone mice/keyboard combo...

2. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

The iphone as a game pad, only if you are not a gamer.

3. 226896 Guest

AirMouse is a great little app. Doesn't work too badly at all.

4. redman042 macrumors 68020

Has anyone figured out how to use Air Mouse without a wifi router, by creating some sort of ad-hoc network on your laptop? Is that do-able on a Windows Vista machine?

5. mutantblack macrumors regular

iPhone bluetooth really makes me feel like I am using verizon phones since they locked their phone bluetooth capability only for headset.

6. kage207 macrumors 6502a

I've messed around a little with the iPhone bluetooth and I can see other phones but not send images or audio through it like my friends who have different phones. It's kinda of depressing. They should use bluetooth more and I think it'd be great to be able to use to a MacBook or some kind of laptop that uses bluetooth. I have a bluetooth mouse though for my MacBook at home. It does the job great and when I'm out and about I just stick with the track pad since I like using the keyboard more to control my actions anyways since it's faster and more efficient. Though I would like to point out, isn't most of the back of the 1st gen iPhone a metal of some type? And to get signal through they could use a small plastic to cover where the antenna goes like the new iPod Touch.

7. kaician thread starter macrumors member

kaician

i don't have a dedicated router, just the airmac installed in my mac mini and it works perfectly. is there some other requirement written somewhere?