iPhone As Hard Drive

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by glide, Jul 18, 2007.

1. glide macrumors regular

So my iphone just popped up as an internal storage device on my computer...I thought it wasn't supposed to do that. Seems odd since this is probably the 30th time I have synced it.

Does this happen for anyone else?

2. pr5owner macrumors 65816

can you copy files to it ? can you then copy them off?

3. Cleverboy macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

Pocket Universe, nth Dimensional Complex Manifold
    Maybe 30 is the magic number? :D I'll check it out. I just plugged mine in and hit "Check for Update", and it looks like iTunes has either frozen temporarily or crashed.

Generally, on Windows, I always get the basic Microsoft media device prompts though. Removable hard drive is certainly a horse of a different color. I'll try it on my Mac when I get home from work tonight. Midnight oil burning as I am.

~ CB

4. glide thread starter macrumors regular

I can't copy anything onto the phone. All I see is pictures and I can copy them off and delete them. Thats it.

5. Cleverboy macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

Pocket Universe, nth Dimensional Complex Manifold
    If you're on Windows, then I know for a fact that the Apple iPhone shows up under "Scanners and Cameras" when looking at "My Computer". I was just looking at my existing pictures that way. It's not a hard drive though. Just the way any camera's photos show up. If you're on the Mac, then I don't know yet if the Mac OS does this too. LOOKS like a hard drive, but its not.

~ CB

6. Me1000 macrumors 68000

Me1000

screenshot it please,
    as many screenshots as you can get
    ;)

7. mrandrey macrumors newbie