iPhone As Hard Drive

glide

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2007
So my iphone just popped up as an internal storage device on my computer...I thought it wasn't supposed to do that. Seems odd since this is probably the 30th time I have synced it.

Does this happen for anyone else?

pr5owner

macrumors 65816
Jun 10, 2007
So my iphone just popped up as an internal storage device on my computer...I thought it wasn't supposed to do that. Seems odd since this is probably the 30th time I have synced it.

can you copy files to it ? can you then copy them off?

Maybe 30 is the magic number? :D I'll check it out. I just plugged mine in and hit "Check for Update", and it looks like iTunes has either frozen temporarily or crashed.

Generally, on Windows, I always get the basic Microsoft media device prompts though. Removable hard drive is certainly a horse of a different color. I'll try it on my Mac when I get home from work tonight. Midnight oil burning as I am.

~ CB

I can't copy anything onto the phone. All I see is pictures and I can copy them off and delete them. Thats it.
If you're on Windows, then I know for a fact that the Apple iPhone shows up under "Scanners and Cameras" when looking at "My Computer". I was just looking at my existing pictures that way. It's not a hard drive though. Just the way any camera's photos show up. If you're on the Mac, then I don't know yet if the Mac OS does this too. LOOKS like a hard drive, but its not.

~ CB