iPhone as iPod touch?!?!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jsook724, Aug 19, 2008.

1. jsook724 macrumors regular

iphone as an ipod touch?
    would it be worth selling my ipod touch for a iphone first gen?

one thing i would lik is that it has internal speakers, camera, and vlume buttons on the side and i can just buy an adapter for the headphones

so should i do it?

2. AlexisV macrumors 68000

AlexisV

Depends on the cost of a contract really.

The only downsides are the increased thickness and weight.

3. jsook724 thread starter macrumors regular

well i was planning on using the iphone with no contract because basically its just a ipod touch without the contract but even better cuz of the camera, spears, mic, and volume buttons.

so i was thinking of trying to buy an iphone 1st gen off ebay or somethin lik that

4. nomad00 macrumors newbie

I've thought about doing this too, but haven't really put the time in to find out if theres any problems with it...activation issues maybe...?

5. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

no, apple (or at&t?) has said that the old ones may still be used as ipods, so there's no issues there. they are pretty expensive and a lot thicker, those are the only problems I see. I'd recommenced waiting till September for ipod touch updates though since I'm guessing we're going to see internal speakers and maybe volume buttons. I doubt we'll see a camera though.

6. jsook724 thread starter macrumors regular

ya i thought about it and ive come to the fact is that the phone might not work as because it is not activated is there any evidence of the iphone being used as an ipod touch anywhere?

7. nomad00 macrumors newbie

Yeah, the camera, microphone & speakers -- they are what have caused me to consider this as an option. Seems like thats needed to be able to take full advantage of the the App Store.

Yeah, the phone would def not work, but the other features should make up for that.

8. jsook724 thread starter macrumors regular

ya i will consider this option if they dont come out with a second gen ipod touch or if the second gen ipod touch doest include some of the features like bluetooth