Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NYCAVS

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 15, 2007
Forgive me if this is well answered previously. I searched the forum and didn't see it....

I have a MBP (last June version) and would like to know can my iPhone be used as a modem? I will be travelling this summer to a place in CT that has no direct internet access and am trying to figure out how best to get access. Any comments/ideas?

TFC

NYCAVS

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 15, 2007
Sorry....

I now have seen the similar question every three weeks to this forum and understand the answer. Not possible unless possibly one jailbreaks the phone. Oh well. Any comments on what card to get for the MBP.... the Verizon one?

BaronvdB

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2007
isn't it a breach of AT&T's agreement?

It probably is...and that ticks me off...if you pay for unlimited internet why do they care what screen you view that internet on?...(yeah i know you would probably have a lot more usage if you were using it on a laptop instead of just the iphone blah blah blah)

djinn

macrumors 68000
Oct 4, 2003
Supposedly AT&T does monitor the internet traffic on your device. I am sure if its high they will question it otherwise shut your service off. Even with the PC Cards they say no gaming etc cause of the usage of bandwidth etc..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.