iPhone as PDA Only?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gkarris, Jun 20, 2008.

1. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

I was looking on AT&T's pages, and it looks like they allow the Smartphones to have data only.

A few people here at work do that, they use Blackberry's as PDAs only with a data plan.

So, could you get an iPhone subsidized with a Data Only package at $35/month?

Great if you love your voice plan/carrier/cheap phone and don't mind carrying 2 devices....

2. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

*Qualified customers only. 2 year contract required.

for subsidized price

3. gkarris thread starter macrumors 604

gkarris

^^^ so according to the website, PDA's can get Data Only for $35/month... :)

That's your 2 year contract!

4. tothelimit macrumors regular

tothelimit

i'm not sure, but a data only plan may not qualify you for the subsidized pricing. i think there was a thread going around with some 'official' word from AT&T... i didn't get a chance to read it in full, but maybe it will have some insight as to whether you need a VOICE + DATA plan to be eligible for the subsidy??

5. sargent bannana macrumors member

use the touch as pda and a regular phone but i dont know how much it will cost never knew that you can do that with the iphone

6. gkarris thread starter macrumors 604

gkarris

^^^

Oh yea, this way, you get Internet wherever you go. Other PDA phones allow you to "tether" it off your laptop so your laptop can get Internet anywhere as well...