iPhone as stand alone web camera?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by supermanotorius, Jan 21, 2013.

1. supermanotorius macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone 3GS, 4, and 5, and would like to know if I can leave either of the older ones on with camera application launched while connected to wifi, then stream the video to my iPhone 5 anywhere on the Verizon network. The 3GS and 4 are both jailbroken. Can this be done and how?

2. supermanotorius, Jan 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2013

supermanotorius thread starter macrumors newbie

oh yeah, I have an iPod touch that is jailbroken as well, lets get an answer going!!

Attached Files:

3. supermanotorius, Jan 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2013

supermanotorius thread starter macrumors newbie

I found the following info but can't seem to locate this app in iTunes

Security Cam
    Security Cam lets you use the iPhone’s built-in camera to capture video in a security system setup. Security Cam’s features include motion activation, audio triggers and a stealth mode that puts the iPhone’s display to sleep while the app stays running. Security Cam also has a time and date stamp tool and a photo mode for snapping motion-triggered photos. Apart from your iPhone, no additional equipment is required in order to use Security Cam. The app is a 2.7MB download, costs around $10 and requires iOS 4.0 or later.

Read more: What Is Needed to Use an iPhone as a Security Camera? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/info_12124101_needed-use-iphone-security-camera.html#ixzz2IjXmDz94

4. supermanotorius thread starter macrumors newbie

well I'm going to try something a little more complicated and not "stand alone"

I am going to run EpocCam on the iDevices which will stay at home on the wifi network, they will serve as wireless web cams

I will then use PocketCloud (as I already do) to view the cameras remotely using the Skype camera settings or a similar program

as far as I can tell, this is the only way to avoid a monthly service fee and I didn't even have to buy any apps!

Attached Files:

5. supermanotorius thread starter macrumors newbie

so far I can only get 1 of the iPhones to work at a time, don't know why that is, any ideas?

6. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

i bought the epoccam hd.....how does one get 720p? All vids I get are 640x480. I have a 4s

7. supermanotorius thread starter macrumors newbie

well one camera for now is cool, look how sneaky that cassette tape cover is!

Attached Files:

8. supermanotorius thread starter macrumors newbie

as overwhelmingly helpful as this forum has been, I regret to tell you I'm leaving, sorry you wont be able to read my review of these apps pertaining to this functionality

9. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

It's a shame you left. I just found this thread while searching to so this with an old cracked screen 3G, hoping to set it up as a security camera. You gave me some good ideas here, and I wish you took this further.