iPhone at Apple store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by romo9, Jun 16, 2010.

1. romo9 macrumors newbie

Does anybody have any suggestions on what time to get to the Apple store on the 24th to get in line if you did not preorder? I tried to preorder yesterday morning and the site was down and then I was on a plane all day so I didn't get my preorder in. Any ideas on how many they will have?

2. fuzion macrumors 6502

These are all smart ass answers, which unfortunately are the best answers at this time:

Get there before everyone else
    They will have a lot until they sell out

3. romo9 thread starter macrumors newbie

maybe somebody who waited in line last year..I know the demand is 10x higher this year but at least a starting point

4. Tankfantry macrumors regular

Tankfantry

I say start camping out at an Apple Store around 3 or 4 AM Tuesday the 22nd.

5. mb2008 macrumors regular

my store came out periodically to update us on stock. Maybe a couple hundred total to begin with, by 9:30 they were telling most of the line that unless a surprise shipment came in, they would get no phones. The last person who walked out with a phone had gotten there at 5:00 am. The location of the store limits the number of people who can overnight, though.

6. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

No one knows. This is unlike any other iPhone launch. Without a reservation, getting an iPhone 4 may be near impossible.

7. romo9 thread starter macrumors newbie

is att done taking preorder? or is their system just down so they can't at this time

8. TheScappian macrumors regular

by all accounts they are done. I dont think they have a clue how many pre-orders they got or how many iPhones they are getting.