iphone at cpw and o2

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sweetice2007, Apr 18, 2008.

1. sweetice2007 macrumors 6502

was tempted to buy another iphone to put my vodafone sim into it or even my tmobile sim when i start working there.. sold my unlocked vers of iphone last week n then the prices obv got slashed, has anyone got their phone from cpw and unlcoked it? do they ask for id etc when you buy the handset? i dont wana buy a iphone on o2 cos im gona end up selling it again anyway when new one comes out, i wana get the phone from cpw or o2 and take it home and jailbreak it, im thinkin o2 will do credit check etc though and ask for id..cpw are abit dodgy and might let it go? has anyone done it?

2. jontucker macrumors 6502

CPW will credit check you, as far as I know, O2 dont.

3. phannon666 macrumors regular

Neither store will credit check you. Contracts are not activated instore, its all done at your pc/mac. Many threads of people's experiences are just of them going in, asking for it, getting it, being offered insurance, and leaving the store with iPhone in hand.

4. Peruvian macrumors regular

Peruvian

The UK has gone iphone crazy since the price drop... Look on ebay and see how many unlocked iphones there are.... lol.....

5. iPlodder macrumors member

Unlocked a couple from CPW for a guy here at work. No sure what ID he required to buy them though.

What price is the Apple store charing for iPhones atm? The online store is still at £269. Anyone been into an Apple store recently?

6. drpellypo macrumors 6502

I've a feeling CPW *do* credit check you to make sure you are able to fulfil the contract (bare in mind, we don't *all* hack our iphones!) When I bought mine online (CPW) I had to put my bank details in. Didn't activate it through itunes though.

As for apple store - this is an O2/CPW offer. Apple will not be discounting according to a press release from them.

7. tringo macrumors regular

Out of curiosity what software did you use? It appears that everyone is divided between the 'love' or 'hate' ziphone.

8. iPlodder macrumors member

I used ziphone. It does make it to easy to do though, takes all fun out of it ;)

9. sweetice2007 thread starter macrumors 6502

so i shud be able to get it without a credit check im gona pop into cpw and o2 and ask them..i dont wana buy one from ebay id rather get a new one again at 169 and sell it on later to be honest! only thing id be worried bout is if they ask for my debit details and then charge me with the full contract price if i dont activate it or something!! naughty me

10. sweetice2007 thread starter macrumors 6502

11. Phatzer macrumors regular

Phatzer

I beg to differ. CPW credit checked every person who purchased the iPhone at the same time as me. They actually refused me an iPhone on some security check on my card.

I went in to my local o2 store, they popped the iPhone on the counter, took £269 and gave it to me with no trouble at all, not a single question other than 'do you need a case for it?'.

It was the first and last time I'll ever purchase from a CPW store, after asking questions that were not required of the manufacturer or service provider (so data for their own use only, heaven knows why they need my credit-related information) and then refusing my card on a security check, they were rude and dismissive towards me.

I highly recommend you purchased the iPhone from an o2 store and do what you wish with it. In my opinion CPW are the PC World of phones.

12. sweetice2007 thread starter macrumors 6502

i went into both stores and they were sold out =( going in tomorrow to see if they have any..o2 said they will have them and cpw the idiots told me they have like 25 left but cant sell them tonight since theyve sold too many since 6pm - asses! il have to do a call around shops before i leave in the morning though