Iphone, AT&T and Kansas City

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cwiker9034, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Cwiker9034 macrumors newbie

I have been thinking of switching to AT&T for awhile now. But every where you go, you get conflicting info on service.

I live in Olathe and we are in Leawood and on the Plaza frequently.

Has anyone experienced anything worth noting about AT&T service in these
    areas.

Thank you

2. Max. macrumors member

Max.

3. Cwiker9034 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you

Thanks for the info, I have checked the AT&T coverage finder and all the places that we are at have great coverage. But people that we personally know have told us that with there phones they get little to no reception.

4. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

i'm from MO and when i go back to KC, i get AWESOME coverage. I rarely ever drop service...if anything you will go to Edge. Even when i travel 60 miles east of KC to SMALL rural towns, i get great coverage. All my family has ATT in MO and we have no problems. For the most part, people with Verizon are the ones making these rumors it seems.

5. antman2295 macrumors 6502

I don't have an iPhone yet, but i have pretty new phone and when i went up there i had great coverage, 3g the whole time :)

6. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Why are you asking us? Why don't you just buy a phone and test for 30 days? If you find you have lousy service, you just return it.

7. jbheath macrumors newbie

I live in Overland Park and frequently find myself in the Leawood area, and sometimes the Olathe area. I rarely have any problems around here as far as I have noticed, 3G all the time. Hope this helps.

8. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

I used to live in Olathe, and although I got terrible reception in my apartment with my iPhone I didn't have any problems at all in other places I went around town. So unless you live in those crappy apartments on 127th Street where I used to live you should be fine.

9. diegoesk macrumors regular

To the OP, check this website www.cellreception.com

Make sure you pay attention to the dates each review as made, as some of the older reviews don't really mean much.

10. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

I live in Wichita, but my mother lives in Lawrence and I travel to KC from time to time. While I've never spent an extensive amount of time in the KC area, I can say that I've never had any major issues with AT&T anywhere in Kansas City with the exception of Arrowhead on a game day, but that's any sports stadium during a game. I have friends who also live in Overland Park, and attend KU Med, and they have iPhones and have been nothing short of thrilled with them living there.

11. astarling06 macrumors regular

astarling06

I live in Manhattan and my inlaws live in Overland Park and I have never had issues with service on AT&T. The majority of places I go around KC including the areas people have mentioned, I have at least 3 bars of 3G if not all five bars. I've even gotten better reception in some areas of KCMO near State Line that were better than Sprint.

12. imac9556 macrumors 6502a

I live in Leawood, KS and my home is down on a hill. I get terrible 3G coverage...It was so awful that I even tried the MicroCell which was worthless because it was so unstable (have to reset it every often).... Which is why when at home I switch to edge networks