iPhone AT&T Data questeion...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by runtohell121, Jun 6, 2011.

1. runtohell121 macrumors 6502

So today I decided to change my data plan from 200mb to 2gb. I clicked active as of today (6/6/2011) and pro rate my old plan/new plan. However, I've been using my data a lot today and when I keep checking my data, it keeps on adding to my old "deactivated" data plan.. Will I be overcharged if I keep using my data since it just continues on adding to my old plan even though I did switch already.

Next Bill Cycle:
    6/15/2011
    Data (MB): 186 of 200 (Deactivated)
    Data (MB): 0 of 2048

I started with 124 of 200 in the morning when I switched and I made sure that it said deactivated before continue using my phone's data.. So I checked again later and it just continues to add onto my deactivated data package which now I'm worried about being charged for over usage when I already had it deactivated my old data pack.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

If you get charged just call them and explain the situation. If they refuse to credit you any overage fees for your old plan, just ask to speak to their supervisor.

3. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

It should work out in the end of the billing cycle. The website is only making estimates and isn't always fully accurate, especially when plan changes are made mid-cycle.

The bill at the end should come out fine, but if not you can call and have them fix it for you.

4. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

Generally speaking is 2 GB enough for average use per month?

Say a lot of email, some web browsing, some downloading here and there... and other miscellaneous data usage like messaging apps (iMessage and Kik)?

5. runtohell121 thread starter macrumors 6502

So I guess I have to wait til the end of the month bill to know if I was overcharged or not? For sure I wasn't over 124 of 200 when I switched but right now it just keeps on adding on to the old 200mb data pack instead of the new 0 of 2048 mb data pack.

6. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

This. When I got the 2G they didn't transfer my data correctly so I have something like an $850 bill, which they happily cleared out once I called them.

7. sbddude macrumors 6502a

Yes, definitely. 200MB is probably enough for email/web/messaging as long as you don't download apps or videos. Do that on wifi only.

8. runtohell121 thread starter macrumors 6502

Now that's going to be scary.. Can I take the bill to my local AT&T store and let them fix it if that happens to me?