iPhone & AT&T family plan experience?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by beeh, Jun 10, 2009.

1. beeh macrumors regular

Ok, I've looked on AT&T's website and am trying to understand the plan pricing.

We're planning on two iPhones, ok, so $30 each monthly data plan, required, I understand that. Now how about the texting plans? If I pay $30 a month for an unlimited family plan, does that cover both phones? Or do I have to pay another $30/month for each phone for that? Is there any way to block texting on an iPhone? So we can't send or receive any texts?

Thanks.

2. dave006 macrumors 68020

Correct, if you purchase the Messaging Unlimited plan on your FamilyTalk rate plan, this covers all of the lines on your FamilyTalk plan.

By default, if you don't select a SMS Txt Plan then you are put on a Pay Per Use (PPU) plan and it can get expensive at $0.20 per message sent or received. Yes, you can block all SMS Text ability by calling Customer Care.

Dave

3. RKilbane20 macrumors 6502a

Yes i have 5 phones on my plan and we have the family texting for 30 dollars and it works across all lines.

4. ocdb macrumors newbie

On the following programs (BiteSMS vs MySMS vs iRealSMS)
    Can I actually stop my sms package from ATT ? Is this as simple as buy the program, unlimited TEXT and no more sms charges from ATT ?

Thank you