iPhone / AT&T in the US Virgin Islands

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spaceballl, Aug 14, 2008.

1. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Hi all,

I'll be on vacation next week in St Thomas / St John :D:D:D:D:D

Can I use my iPhone there? I have the standard iPhone USA 3G service. I mean i know i can USE it there, but does anyone have experience with whether or not you get charged extra? Thanks!

2. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Well if the top left corner of the screen doesn't say ATT you will probably get charged.

3. Brandonsc macrumors member

While in St. Thomas your phone will be on the Edge network, but it will make calls without international charges. I used mine there about two weeks ago.

4. spaceballl thread starter macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Not the best advice. If you're a t-mobile USA user in germany, you'll see the t-mobiloe in the top left. but... you'll be charged extra.
    Awesome! Thanks for the input!

Any recommendations for me while I'm there? :D

5. jc1350 macrumors 6502a

For food, go to Molly Malone's in Red Hook and get the McNally. I always ask for it on rye instead of the roll they normally serve. It's excellent (at least it was the last 2 times I was on St. Thomas - it's been a few years).

6. hybrid62 macrumors member

I live in the virgin islands and I currently own a iPhone with a Florida # and I can tell you that you won't be charge extra and it works the same as in the states except only edge is available.