iPhone, AT&T issue

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by brokenbastard, Jun 14, 2011.

1. brokenbastard macrumors newbie

Hello everyone...
    I am a new member to macrumors.com.
    I have a situation with my AT&T service.
    Last year in June, me and my older brother picked up iPhone 4s and put them into a family plan. I had never had any issues with service or the phone itself.
    My older brother was the one that was paying for it all, with his card. My older brother cut our service off and canceled the contracts as he was being deployed to Afghanistan in March, promising to start up new contracts once he would return from 7 month deployment. He was KIA last month out there.

I want to have AT&T service again on my phone, but I don't have an SSN to enable it with AT&T on a standalone plan.
    Is there someway or a method where I can enable the service again on my iPhone on a standalone plan?
    Or will I have to be added to someone else's family plan again, someone that has AT&T service and SSN?
    I really need functioning phone service again.

Thank you for your help.

2. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

1) Sorry for your loss

2) You can get added to a family plan, but you should have a SSN. Most citizens do.

3. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

It's my understanding that the SSN is required for a credit check. I would check with AT&T, as there has to be a way for them to run a check with other information provided by you.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You need a ssn to open post paid service with AT&T.
    Either put it on someone else's name or get added to a family plan.