Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brokenbastard

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2011
Hello everyone...
I am a new member to macrumors.com.
I have a situation with my AT&T service.
Last year in June, me and my older brother picked up iPhone 4s and put them into a family plan. I had never had any issues with service or the phone itself.
My older brother was the one that was paying for it all, with his card. My older brother cut our service off and canceled the contracts as he was being deployed to Afghanistan in March, promising to start up new contracts once he would return from 7 month deployment. He was KIA last month out there.

I want to have AT&T service again on my phone, but I don't have an SSN to enable it with AT&T on a standalone plan.
Is there someway or a method where I can enable the service again on my iPhone on a standalone plan?
Or will I have to be added to someone else's family plan again, someone that has AT&T service and SSN?
I really need functioning phone service again.

Thank you for your help.

iphone1105

macrumors 68020
Oct 8, 2009
1) Sorry for your loss

2) You can get added to a family plan, but you should have a SSN. Most citizens do.

DeaconGraves

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2007
Dallas, TX
It's my understanding that the SSN is required for a credit check. I would check with AT&T, as there has to be a way for them to run a check with other information provided by you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.