iPhone AT&T Monthly Bill - Need Help!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Icculus, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Icculus macrumors 6502

my wife and I are on an AT&T family plan, and up until recently was fine but just found out the hard way that I get an upgrade every 12 mos and my wife gets an upgrade every 18 mos. I am looking at dropping the family plan and doing 2 single lines and trying to figure out the monthly cost.

Does anyone have an iPhone on a single line plan? I am looking at doing the 450 minute plan, hoping to carry over her unlimited data plan if not we are going to the $15 200mb plan, and 1500 messages for $15.00 a month. Trying to figure out the taxes part of this to figure out how much extra it would be. Before taxes (assuming the 200mb plan) we are looking at $69.99 and I am guessing taxes will be around $15 a month?

2. kimtyson macrumors member

Maybe just call ATT and ask them what they will charge you. Just saying.

3. Block macrumors 6502a

Block

To be eligible for 12 month upgrades you generally will have to spend at least ~$90/month on AT&T services.

4. Icculus thread starter macrumors 6502

I got a call back from corporate today about another issue I was having and she said if you are close to $100 a month they will get you an upgrade every 12 months. So right now we are paying roughly $180 for family plan, if I can keep it around that price $90 per phone I will do it.

5. Fabienne macrumors 65816

Fabienne

That is very easy to do. Heh.

6. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

The taxes are different for everyone, and depend on which state you live in, as to what amount you are going to pay.

7. Icculus thread starter macrumors 6502

Okay, then onwards to calling AT&T. Thanks!

8. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

It's not $90/per line.

The primary line gets:
    Voice (ALL of it) ($60 minumum)
    + Data Package
    + text package
    + per line extras (ATT nav, insurance)
    -----
    Secondary lines get
    Data package
    + text package
    + per line extras
    but aren't dinged for voice.

That's why most if not all of the primary lines (especially if you add in txt or something) of a family plan are eligible to upgrade after 12 months. For secondary lines, you could easily jump the threshold if you have an international data package or lots of extras like att navi or insurance.