Iphone at&t question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fenderbass146, Mar 23, 2009.

1. fenderbass146 macrumors 65816

fenderbass146

If i were to get a turbo sim card, could i use an alternative at&t plan on my iphone.

example: get the 450 minutes with roll over minutes, unlimited data and messaging for $70 a month as opposed to getting the iphone data plan for 30 and unlimited txt for another 20 bucks and the 40 bucks for 450 minutes.

so I would buy a att phone with the plan i want and take the sim out and put it in my iphone with a turbo sim card.

Would that work. I would like to do this because It would be much cheaper than getting the actual iphone plan.

2. dave006 macrumors 68020

No. The TurboSIM is to use another carrier's SIM in a carrier locked iPhone or other phone. AT&T will know you have an iPhone because your phone will turn you in every time it connects to the AT&T cell network. It sends the IMEI and the IMEI provides a wealth of information. Try it you self by entering your IMEI at this page, and see what AT&T and any other carrier can find out just by your phone sending it's IMEI.

IMEI Lookup: http://www.numberingplans.com/?page=analysis&sub=imeinr

If you want to use a different data plan then you need a different phone to establish the service or to change the data plan.

Dave

3. kairos macrumors newbie

yes it wuold work,or maybe you can buy a magicsim card to put it in your iphone.

4. Macman756 macrumors 6502a

Macman756

5. fenderbass146 thread starter macrumors 65816

fenderbass146

WIll at&t be able to force a data plan on me if they find out.

6. fenderbass146 thread starter macrumors 65816

fenderbass146

I am getting a gevey turbo sim. but i want to know if there is any way att can change my plan on me.

If there is any chance of that over my 2 year contract i am just going to go with tmobile.

7. seand1111 macrumors regular

Yes, they can and probably will even back charge you if you are not using a compatible data plan (iphone plan vs media net unlimited as an example, since the monthly $$ are not the same between the two).

8. vinay427 macrumors 6502a

vinay427

That link is great! Sort of freaky though. Look at this:

Attached Files:

• pic.jpg
      pic.jpg
      File size:
      54.3 KB
      Views: