Iphone/ATT and Orlando Area

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kinobi, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Kinobi macrumors member

I have Sprint and Tmobile both work great in Orlando. I am looking to purchase Iphone on ATT when available in June.

The thing that is giving me a headache is the fact that when I talk to people, almost every time (80%) I have a choppy connection, the person on the other end has an Iphone. It does not matter whether I receive a call on land-line or mobile phone.

So I would like to ask all of you in Orlando and Central Florida.. how is your reception?

Let me know..

2. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

My AT&T on iPhone in Orlando is no worse than when I had Verizon. Dropped 1 call in past year, people occ diff hearing me (but this is usually in loud areas), cannot connect ~1x/month, occ weak zones (amazingly on I4 at Lake Buena Vista exit). However, I generally can't complain.

3. aneftp macrumors 601

Orlando AT&T coverage is great. 3G just about everywhere in Central Florida all the way to the beaches.

Remember AT&T/Cingular/Bell south all originally had native mobile coverage so that should be expected.

I currently live in Lake Mary. Solid bars on 3G with the iPhone everywhere I go.

4. Kinobi thread starter macrumors member

Thank you all - so you are not running into people complaining about not being able to hear you or having a choppy connection?

5. Amacfa macrumors 65816

Amacfa

Perfect here in daytona beach.

6. edk99 macrumors 6502a

Absolutely not! Sure I get a dropped call once in a blue moon and that is usually indoors. Over that past few years I have not had a problem with hearing or being heard as garbled or the sound like you are underwater. ATT in Central FL from coast to coast has been solid.

7. vkobejitsu macrumors newbie

I agree, dropped calls are pretty rare.

8. skyking517 macrumors regular

I am in the Sanford area and have NO problems what so ever with my 3G connection. My parents who live in Indian Harbor Beach cant even use their Verizon phones in their own house, while I sport a full signal while there...This VZ At&t debate is starting to bug me, and I am just saying that out loud, not towards the OP since thats not what this thread is about. :)

9. rburly macrumors 6502a

rburly

My experience has been the same as almost everyone here. Full bars almost all the time. I live in Metrowest, just to give you an idea of location.

The only problems I've *ever* had are with other people's carriers. I know someone in Ohio and she has a local carrier there and dropped calls with here are common.

Everyone else I call or using my iPhone for everything else is 99% great. I get great reception (call clarity) everywhere I am in the area and people often comment that I sound "like I'm next door".

10. cx300 macrumors member

11. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

I've been in Windermere for the last month and have had basically no issues. When I first got here I had a couple of dropped calls but none since; those were inside the townhouse on the ground floor. Upstairs or outside reception has been perfect. I've been using the iPhone as my only phone throughout that time, so there've been plenty of opportunities for crappy service and it hasn't happened.

I did notice last night when I was at Earl of Sandwich in Downtown Disney that I'd mysteriously dropped to 1 bar of Edge, but that may have been a fluke as I've never had reception problems down there, either.