Iphone audiobook and podcast question

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by joserpaq, Jan 9, 2008.

1. joserpaq macrumors member

I'm not sure if I'm missing something but I've noticed that my iphone is not as easy to use with audiobooks as my old 5th gen ipod. If I'm listening to a long audiobook I find that the Iphone will frequently loose track of where I was in the book when I stopped listening to it last. I also find it difficult to scroll forward to a specific point in the audiobook. for example I'm listening to a 8 hour long audio book and I want to go to 5 hour 45 min in to the file but my fingers are to big to give me precise control. On the 5th gen the cursor would gradually move forward and increase speed very intuitively. Am I doing something wrong? Is there another way to forward to a particular point in the file that is more effective?

TIA

Jose

2. camarobh macrumors 6502

Podcasts

You can press and hold the fast forward or rewind buttons to move forwards or reverse. I have had the same problem with the scroll bar, it is pretty small. I have not had any issue with a podcast losing it's position.

3. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

I would ask...are you creating your own audio books from CD's. I do this and have a set of instructions. Also, if you right click on the audio book and select "Get Info" then go to the Options tab and make sure that "Remember Playback Position" is checked.

If you are needing instructions on how to rip audio books in the correct format/sequence then post back...its kind of long.

As far as scrolling...I have the same problem and am happy if I just get close.

Hope this Helps,
    Good Luck

4. Elan macrumors newbie

I'm having the same two issues. It's really annoying. I won't be happy if I have to still carry around my nano because of this.

:mad:

5. BrightestBear macrumors member

I would love those instructions. I rip audiobook CDs that I check out from the library and move them to my iTunes/Phone, but like the OP, I lose my place when I switch over to music, etc.

6. sierraquester macrumors newbie

Fine-grain scrubbing

joserpaq,

You can fine tune scrubbing (scrolling) by grabbing the scrubber and moving your finger down (don't lift it). The farther down you go the more fine-grain the left-right movement will be.

7. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

This thread is a year and a half old, and you are resurrecting it to tell someone about a feature the phone didn't have until a year after the last post? Good lord.

8. slapguts macrumors 6502a

slapguts

On the off-chance that someone searches the forums, and finds this thread, I think it's a good idea to have the answer for them.