iphone autodimming question

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Bainmac, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Bainmac macrumors newbie

I can't get this to work propperly, it was ok on my iphone 4 on ios 5, but then the way the dimming works changed(don't rember which ios, but it's the same with my current ip5 running ios 6.0.1)
    From what I've read, when you use autodim and adjust the slider to a certain level it would remenber the setting. For example if my room is totally dark I want the slider to be all the way down, but during daytime I want it about 2/3 way up. But, if I adjust the dimming at the daytime level and then turn on the phone at the nighttime level it won't go all day way down on the slider, causing my eyes to hurt :mad:.
    What I want is the screen to be at it's lowest level in total darkness, but 2/3 during daytime, can't seem to find a way to do this without manually adjusting the level, which makes the autodim function kind of useless :(.

Is this a bug or what?
    Anybody else got the same problem.

2. kingdLo macrumors 6502

Set the minimum brightness at night, and then during the day it'll automatically compensate to a useable level.

3. Bainmac thread starter macrumors newbie

That's what I did, but the lightlevel during the day is to low, and if I adjust this then it won't dim all the way down when it's dark.

4. kingdLo macrumors 6502

Pretty odd, on my i5 it's dimmed all the way down at night and during the day easily reaches almost max brightness in sunlight. Even my old 4 would do this on ios6.

Try setting it to its lowest and toggling it off and back on. I had to do this before it would work the way I wanted.