iPhone Autofocus broken. Also missing screw.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mrat93, Mar 31, 2010.

1. mrat93 macrumors 65816

mrat93

I need to get my 3GS replaced. Often, when autofocus is focusing, it'll click and the picture will glitch for a moment. I also noticed that at the bottom of my iPhone, there is a screw missing somehow! I never unscrewed any of the screws ever, and I am the only owner. Should I order the screws somewhere online just in case the people at the Genius Bar see it and think I tampered with things? Thanks.

2. gigapocket1 macrumors 6502a

i would most definitly get another screw before i take it up there.. I wouldnt order one off line.. I would either go to a local hardware store and try to get one.. I think its the same screw that comes with those glasses fixers.. The ones that come with the tiny screw driver and a couple of screws...
    Thier not going to open your phone up to try to fix it.. At most, they are going to try a restore.. SO no worries..

3. mrat93 thread starter macrumors 65816

mrat93

I don't want to take any chances, so I'll just order it from iFixit or somewhere else that sells Apple parts. Thanks!

4. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

its definately NOT an eye glass screw and you will get busted!! check and see if you have a local repair shop they might have an extra one or order it online but dont try an eyeglass screw. fix it before you take it in.

5. mrat93 thread starter macrumors 65816

mrat93

Just got it replaced yesterday. They didn't seem to notice the screw. I had my screen replaced in August of last year, so maybe the person who replaced it did not put the screw in tightly enough.

6. Applesack macrumors newbie

Samething happen to me

Hi,

the same thing happen to me a few days ago. I pick up a brand new iPhone and was so happy with until a few days later I notice a screw missing. I have reported it to apple and have schedule a appointment with genius. Today I have notice that the second screw is missing as well. Not only that the other day I notice that I do not get the same coverages as my friend 3gs iPhone and we are on the same service provider.