iPhone automatically playing music when connecting via BT

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by TheWedgie, May 1, 2011.

1. TheWedgie macrumors newbie

Have done a search and couldn't find an existing thread with the same problem... so here goes...

As per the title, my iPhone 4 (4.3.2) is currently paired to my MY11 Subaru Impreza's head unit... which works great to receive phone calls.

However - it also seems as soon as it connects, the phone starts playing music (via BT-Audio) even if I don't have BT-A selected as the input on the head unit.
    This of course sucks the battery down something rotten.

There's a known problem with the iPhone 4 and the Subaru HU in that it won't get contacts off the phone (although apparently works ok with iPhone 3's), however noone at the dealership had any idea about this BT-A problem.

I've tried un-pairing and re-pairing it, however it seems the HU has the BT-A and phone side of things intertwined.

Thoughts? Surely I can stop the phone from automatically starting to play music when it pairs to the head unit?

2. aygie macrumors regular

My 2010 Ford Fiesta does exactly the same thing, as soon as my iPhone is connected and I select the BT option a song will start playing.

3. TheWedgie thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't even have to select the BT input on the head unit though - as soon as it connects, I can see the little Play arrow on my iPhone, and it's already playing - even if the head unit is on FM Radio when I turn the car on.