Iphone automatically restarts and is not receiving any calls

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rbssaran, Jan 4, 2012.

1. rbssaran, Jan 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2012

rbssaran macrumors newbie

once my iphone starts restarting by itself and didn't received any calls or messages. resetting the iphone solved the problem (not through itunes, but through iphone's settings-general- reset all) but after 10 days the problem started again and i solved by resting. but nowadays the problem is more often like 3 days once. and also the problem arises whenever i change the sim card. i'm using iphone 3gs/16gb/i os 5.0.1/not jailbreaked. my phone is also out of warranty. i'm not in my hometown and here, in this country i cant even explain my problem with phone to the people in apple store as i don't know their language. i posted in apple website to get no replies. looking for a reply, anyone please help me.

I forgot to add a problem that my iphone also have difficulty with backing up with itunes. it takes so long, though at the end it fails and showes some error, forgot the number of error.

I pray there'll not be any hardware problem, ll it be?

2. miss.manson macrumors 6502a

miss.manson

Try restoring it. How long have you had the phone?

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

It's an older device, and it's tough without access to your computer but the best way would be a full restore using iTunes.

Failing that, this is a trick that's worked for me on old stuff in the past. Remove the sim, and GENTLY wipe a sponge across the contacts with a little soapy water.

GENTLY dry it with a soft anti-static cloth. It's a long shot, but worth a try.

4. Sdahe macrumors 68000

Sdahe

5. rbssaran thread starter macrumors newbie

"china"

----------

hey as you said restoring, i remember that i forgot to add a problem that my phone has not been backing up with itunes, while syncing and while restoring also, it takes so many time and at the end it fails

6. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Sounds to me like your only option is to try a complete restore via iTunes.

7. rbssaran thread starter macrumors newbie

hey as you said restoring, i remember that i forgot to add a problem that my phone has not been backing up with itunes, while syncing and while restoring also, it took so many time and at the end it failed. actually it all started when i was upgrading to ios 5.so i cancelled back up and continues upgrading it but the ihone got stuck at the 'connect to itunes screen' and itunes was not detecting my phone. so, i installed itunes on my friends computer and and restored as a new phone and gave the same name as earlier. now itunes in my computer detected my phone and synced it with all of the earlier contents. i was happy but now this restart problem is here.

8. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Have you tried the sim trick? wiping it GENTLY? Apart from that and a complete restore again I think we are running out of options.

9. rbssaran thread starter macrumors newbie

no i i didn't tried that sim trick. i'll do that. but it is impossible to restore my iphone with itunes. even if i restore it another itunes i can transfer songs and all those stuffs to my phone only through my computer and if i do so the problem'll come again. though i'm not sure the problem is only because that the itunes in my computer cannot restore my iphone. i'm just relating the restarting problem with that

10. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

My friend just had the exact same issue with her iPhone 3GS (I even posted about it a few days ago) and it was determine to be hardware related.

She had the exact same issue (after the first re-set it started happening more frequently), going to Settings> General> About> Diagnostic & Usage> Diagnostic & Usage Data revealed a lot of Kernal Panic (which the genius said it was due to hardware failure).

Her 30 pin dock connector did have some water corrosion and only one sensor had turned red (this also caused her to have charging issues). Her phone has never been in contact with water but the Genius said it could also have happened because of the weather. I asked but he never confirmed if the corrosion had any connection to the Kernal Panic, but he said that it could be possible, so he replaced it.