Iphone AV Composite Cable Converter?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by qnc, Mar 13, 2010.

1. qnc macrumors member

Ok I'll see if I can explain as clear as Mud :)

Preparing to take family on road trip. I'm trying to keep kids entertained.
    I have the iPhone Composite AV Cable (Yellow video out and red and white audio out.)

I also have the portable DVD player with the slave screen( plays the video and audio from the Master DVD player. These hang on the the head rest of the front seat. A previous DVD master player broke so I now have 2 slave units and 1 master.

Know where I'm going? NO?

OK here goes.

To save the trouble of carying a mess of DVD's for my sanity of "I want to watch something different!!!".

Is there a way or converter available to take the composite signal and convert it down to the 3.5 MM AV cable that goes with the DVD slave players?

I would need a converter and splitter to split to both slave players.
    this way I could keep the kiddies happy as we make time and the wife sane from changing DVD's all the time. She can just change the video on the iphone.

I'm prepared to make my own but thought it to be easier to purchase one that will not blow up my iPhone. :)

Thanks in advance.

2. milk242 macrumors 6502a

okay so let me get this straight, the slave monitors have video input cables in the form of a single 3.5mm connector and you are wondering how you can convert that 3.5mm connector to RCA cables (yellow, white, red)?

You could also check if the master dvd player takes in other video/audio sources, see if it has a video in connector on the back of it and then you could just use your iphone av cable and connect to that.

3. qnc thread starter macrumors member

Checked it out the Master only has 1 jack for AV, get this it can do AV in/out.
    unfortunately you can't do both at same time.

thanks great suggestion.