iPhone availability status on Apple.com

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by busterbluth, Jul 19, 2008.

1. busterbluth macrumors 6502

Just checked availability for NYC. Earlier today, the 5th ave store stated they had no 16gb black available. But the stocks available at 9pm indicate that they are available...What gives? Think that means they will be available tomorrow?

2. dap1215 macrumors regular

The store could very well have been sold out during the day today.

The availability checker showing the 5th Ave store having them in tomorrow indicates that they will be getting a delivery at some point.

3. Clusty macrumors regular

How would they get any tomorrow? Nobody ships on Sunday.

4. wronski macrumors 6502

FedEx Custom Critical? Or they got them in sometime today.

5. sn0wman macrumors newbie

Well, in my experience in Virginia the Apple.com availability are not representative of reality in the slightest. It indicated that there would be all three models available today at the Fair Oaks shopping center. Upon arriving there the Apple employees informed me they only had White 16GB, and they were not expecting any significant shipments for the day. Such a terrible way to handle customers...

6. Aiphanes macrumors regular

Aiphanes

Looking at the checker...it is looking bleak...there are hardly any iphone 3Gs nation wide...

7. MasonMI macrumors regular

How often are Apple stores getting shipments of iphones? i havent seen stock available for days when i check online.

8. Aiphanes macrumors regular

Aiphanes

Most big apple stores get stock everyday but Sunday.

There will be no Iphones tommorrow, if the checker is showing red...like it is at most of the 200 apple stores...but there should be some good shipments next week...probably tuesday and wensday....

9. jableskg macrumors regular

You think there is any chance they are holding some back so they can sell on Sundays?? Do you honestly think the availability tool is 100 percent accurate?

My guess is it would be in their best interests to keep the hype going by having people wait in line every day..

I'm gonna take a chance and go down to the Apple store tomorrow. Am i wasting my time??

10. Bryanw3535 macrumors regular

Why not?

I'm gonna try a Red Store too, even if it is Sunday.

Every store in the Dallas area was red Friday night, but Saturday morning three of them had them in stock when I called.

That was at 9:30 a.m. (I couldn't go Saturday but wanted to test the availability tool).

11. jableskg macrumors regular

This whole iphone hype thing reminds me of the door man at a trendy night club that holds back the line on purpose to make people pass by think the place is happening..

I'm thinking Apple is doing the same thing otherwise they would have simply done a better job with distribution.

12. MacSKY macrumors member

Well, just my 2 Cents: I went to the Montgomery Mall Apple store in Bethesda, Maryland because the iPhone Availibility Tool said they had the 16gb White in stock. The store opened at 11 am and we were there by 11:45. We were approx 37th in line and after about 10 minutes of waiting, a lovely Apple store employee came out and counted heads. She told all of of us behind her point in the line would not be getting an iPhone today and to come back tomorrow.

I had read here about changing your computer clock to 9 p.m. and the iPhone Availibility Tool would be tricked into appearing even though it's not 9 p.m., so I decided to check online about an hour later (to let the line of folks lucky enough to get an iPhone work its way through) to see if it's updated in real time or every night at 9 p.m. Well, low and behold, the green indicator under the white 16gb was now red. So it appears to be real time.

However, not to confuse everyone, my brother and I decided that if we called the Fifth Avenue store in NY and they didn't have a big line out front, we would drive up there today (little more than a 4 hour drive from Md). So we called and they said they we're out, even though the indicator still said they had both 16gb models in stock. Who knows!?!?!?

To be honest it's more of a mission out of fun to find one than a real need to get one. I'm really hoping that Apple just underestimated the demand for this phone because if they did'nt, they have dropped the ball big time!

13. Aiphanes macrumors regular

Aiphanes

14. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

The Fith Ave. store could have had enough for the people standing in line at the store and thus were technically "in stock" according to the site.

15. wronski macrumors 6502

In that entire thing there are only 5 instances of true. Guess everything is sold out.

16. Aiphanes macrumors regular

Aiphanes

yep it is bleak...use this tommorrow...and you will see some stores get stock just before lunch and after 3 pm...it all depends on when UPS and FEDEX shows up...the best days will be Wensday and Thursday...if you do not get your phone by Friday...kiss the weekends goodbye!

Try Tuesday, Wensday and Thursday...mornings after after 11 am if the store is showing no stock...or after lunch after 3 pm.

17. doodads macrumors 6502

doodads

I walked by that store at 10:30 am, and there were at LEAST 50 people waiting in line. There were even more when I walked by again at 11:00 when they opened.

18. doodads macrumors 6502

doodads

Last Friday the Montgomery Mall store received deliveries from UPS and Fed Ex between 9:30 and 10:00 am.

19. jableskg macrumors regular

Got mine today (Sunday)

I arrived at the Brea Mall CA Apple Store at 10AM, which was about 1 hour before they open.. I saw a bunch of people inside so i figured it was a private event or something.. I asked the 2 people working the door if the phone would be available today, and they said YES!

I was in shock and they let me in right away.. It was fairly quick to get the phone.. Less then 30 minutes. The guy who set me up said that they just got a shipment in. I asked "How do you get deliveries on Sundays?"

His response was "We are FedEX and UPS favorite customers" and basically implied that they got a shipment earlier..

They had a great amount of inventory when i saw them open the drawers where they store the phones.

I still cant believe they got a delivery today.. I'm still banking on the theory of them simply rolling it out in spurts.. Regardless i got my 16GB black Iphone and love it!

They "sold out" by 2PM today from what my friend told me.

20. wronski macrumors 6502

With over 100 instances of "true" on the live status checker it looks like stock has been replenished.

21. mowbr4 macrumors member

any reports in MD? I know the tracker says that there are a lot avalibile. But I am at work til 5 tonight, so hoping I can pick on up after!

22. ubersalad macrumors 6502a

Tracker doesn't say "a lot", it just says it is available. I doubt there's any left by 5pm...

23. mowbr4 macrumors member

I can only hope that they will...Only Hope

24. thesage007 macrumors newbie

Change your system time on PC/Mac to after 9 PM and you will be able to view the availability status. This updates during the day. so seems like "real time" with stores getting stocks through the day.