iPhone Available at 80% of Apple stores this morning

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rybold, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Rybold macrumors 6502a

Rybold

2. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Not too useful, as basically all we want to know is the Amount in stock at the start of the day, then the decline. Looks like it extrapolates. Way too many data points prior to the store even opening it seems.
    Could be a lot better organized visually by just showing stock levels at the start of the day for each day.

3. m1truckin macrumors newbie

My local Apple stores (Pentagon City in Arlington, VA) was green all day on Tuesday and all day yesterday. Figuring that supply had finally met demand at this location, I stopped by after work, around 6:30. I got in line behind 5-6 people only to be told that the line was closed and had been since 1:15 that afternoon! I just figured that the supply had run out, yet the store was still green last night and is again this morning.

What is going on?

4. Rybold thread starter macrumors 6502a

Rybold

Graphs are used in math mainly to discern trends. The point of this graph is to notice the broad trend - iPhone supplies dwindled, but now they are increasing again.

5. bep207 macrumors 6502

6. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

Apple ships more to their stores than to AT&T stores. And there are more AT&T stores than Apple stores.

7. kgeier82 macrumors 65816

apple is no longer getting a portion of the monthly plan fees, so it makes sense.

they need to sell as many in apple stores as possible...Im not sure but, maybe they get less % for iphones sold @ ATT.

8. Rybold thread starter macrumors 6502a

Rybold

9. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Understood but many parts of the country (like mine) have few Apple stores so we are in desperate need for more AT&T store to be re-filled! :D

I do wish they would build an Apple Store here though

10. pokytrokyt macrumors newbie

Is the apple iphone availability webpage reliable?

I called the Pentagon City store this AM and was told they had both 8G and 16G models in stock. So I tore out of work early to get there before the evening rush, arrived at the store about 4:30.. and was told they'd been out of stock for an hour.

Tonight, the apple retail website says they are completely restocked. So my question is: is the stock availability posted on the apple website reliable? Cuz if it is, this fanboy is going to be at their front door at 8:00am when they open tomorrow. I hate standing in line for anything, no matter how good.

11. hotshotharry macrumors 6502

Apparently some of the out of the way Rogers stores in Winnipeg Manitoba have had 16gb iphones in stock for the last several days .... Looks like supply is beginning to meet demand?

12. MasonMI macrumors regular

I don't think the Apple site is accurate all the time I would arrive early and wait in line for the 8am doors to open at the Apple store seems thats the best time to actually get an iphone usually during the day its hit or miss when they receive their shipments.

13. AutomaticHaze macrumors regular

The stock number online is most likely right. When i got my 3G, i got out of bed at 9 am on a Saterday called apple and they said they were in stock and had no line at all. To make a long story short, i got there an hour later and had to wait in line for an hour and a half :eek: .. it was well worth it though!

14. pokytrokyt macrumors newbie

I went to the iPhone Store in Pentagon City this morning about 8:30am. By then, there were (only) 5 people ahead of me in line. Waited about 15 mins to be seen, then spent 45 minutes while the apple rep putzed around getting my new black 16GB iphone to authorize.

Good thing I went shopping... on the way home from the store I accidentally left my Blackberry used for work on the train (augh!!). So now I'm experimenting with using the iPhone as a replacement. I've got email sync with Exchange set up, and mobile me. We'll see how it goes.

Verizon was able to forward all calls for the Crackberry to my new iPhone, so at least business callers won't know I've lost my cellphone.