iPhone Available in Las Vegas?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DeanCorp, Sep 16, 2007.

1. DeanCorp macrumors member

Hi guys,
    I am in Australia, and I have a friend in Las Vegas who doesn't mind getting me an iPhone because she is coming back to Aus on Friday. I was just wondering if any of you know whether the Las Vegas Apple Store would have stock?

If not is there anywhere else, you can get them from, if Apple have no stock?

She went into AT&T and they said it is $399 for the iPhone when you sign with a contract otherwise it's $699 outright.

Thanks,

DeanCorp

2. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

The ATT store lied, it is 399 no matter what. If they are giving her a hard time about contracts she'll have to buy at another ATT store or an Apple store. Those are the only retailers selling iPhones.

Is your friend Australian, and is she just visiting here? The store may have (unscrupulously) been trying to keep her from buying it because they knew she'd be hacking/unlocking it and so the salesperson would not have gotten a commission. It's sad, but the ATT salespeople are paid by commission and are not thrilled with their cut on the iphone anyway from what i've read.

I'd suggest your friend try an apple store or see if she can get one shipped to whatever address she's staying at in LV.

3. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

What incredible idiots do they have at the ATT store? The iPhone is technically "unsubsidized," which means that you pay the same price w or w/o contract. It's $299 for the 4 and $399 for the 8 no matter where you buy it. You do not have to sign for a contract when you buy it. That is done via iTunes (or not, if you use an unlock app.)

As for Apple LV having it stock you can use the iPhone availabllity checker http://www.apple.com/retail/iphone/ Generally most Apple stores have the iPhone in stock. There is no shortage.

4. DeanCorp thread starter macrumors member

I am so angry right now to hear that they lied to her. I told her that this was not right as it was $399 and you don't need a contract. She could have got one today then :( Oh well she will go to the Apple Store tomorrow! Hopefully they won't give her any trouble.

Yes she lives in Australia and went to the US for a holiday. What additional costs am I in for? I am unfamiliar with all the tax rates. I assume we have to add tax to the $399 for being in Las Vegas...

DeanCorp

5. Fuzzy Orange macrumors 6502

Fuzzy Orange

She is probably staying on the Strip, in which she could easily go to the Fashion Show Mall, located right next to the Wynn (big shiny goldish/dark brown hotel). It looks like a big flying saucer. The Apple Store there is very nice.

6. badtzmaru macrumors 6502

Question: why are you getting an iphone instead of an ipod touch?

7. DeanCorp thread starter macrumors member

Answer:
    1.) It has a phone in it (Duh!)
    2.) It has a camera.
    3.) It has bluetooth.
    4.) It has a brushed aluminium back rather than the chrome.
    5.) All the issues with the iPod Touch..
    6.) Not much of a big price difference, because now I can sell my mobile and universal dock.
    7.) Mail app.
    8.) Can get it for cheap because I don't have to pay shipping costs.

Do you have to pay Tax in Las Vagas? If so how much? How likely would it be that they will have stock of the iPhones 8gb Tomorrow and the day after (Just incase she can't get there tomorrow?) It says Available but doesn't list how many are on hand.

Just to confirm that all iPhones come with an AT&T SimCard regardless of whether you bought it from AT&T or Apple. Is that correct?

Thanks for posting back so quickly. I think I should go to bed..1:23AM been researching the iPhone ;)

DeanCorp

8. Bernie-Mac macrumors 65816

I live in Las Vegas and the only Apple store is in the Fashion Show Mall and i just saw someone buy an iphone yesterday when i was in there so your friend could probably get one no problem

9. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

1) Sales tax in LV is 7.5%
    2) Fairly likely they will have them in stock. Again, no real shortages.
    3) The ATT simcard is pre-installed in the phone. All phones are the same regardless of where you buy (ATT or Apple). I bought mine from ATT. But I'm not sure what good the ATT simcard is going to do you in Australia.

10. sblasl macrumors 6502a

sblasl

Have OJ get you one. I heard he's in Las Vegas this weekend!!:rolleyes:

11. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

I think he has been detained and may not be able to run that errand. :D