iPhone Back Not Sealing Properly

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jhbalaji, Jul 27, 2013.

1. jhbalaji macrumors newbie

I was just on eBay towards buying a backup 4S. The seller says everything perfect but the back is not sealing up! Since its pawn shop they have no idea on how to fix that! So, they are selling it in throwaway price! Here is the image

[​IMG]

Can this be fixed up by simple unscrew the back glass and properly inserting it in which i saw on YouTube? or Any serious issues is lying with it?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If it was that simple wouldn't they have done it themselves?
    Up to you if you want to take the risk, it could be completely ruined on the inside.

3. iRepairParts macrumors regular

iRepairParts

I am sure they know how to fix it. All it takes is a 5 second search on youtube to see how to install the back glass cover. What is their return policy? Is it being sold "as is"?

It could be as easy as just putting a different back on it (maybe that one is not compatible.)

If you feel that the rewards outweigh the risk, I would say go for it. Otherwise, let someone else figure out the problem.

4. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

Could also have a bent enclosure or a swollen battery. More likely the battery since it looks rather straight in the photos. Any bends would be slight.

If you are okay with the risk over the battery go for it. So long as it is not being mailed/shipped to you. If it is all it takes is one good whack for that battery to rupture and ruin the phone if not catch fire. And I don't know that I would trust someone that either can't recognize or won't admit to a a swollen battery to remove it properly