Iphone back- Where can you get a replacement back?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eliteneo, Jul 1, 2009.

1. eliteneo macrumors member

I have a iphone 2g. And the back (silver part) is kinda scratched up and looks kinda bad. I was wondering if I could get a black or white back (like the newer iphone's) and have like just the metal back on my phone, not a case that goes over the original back, one where I can either get a new silver back, or a new back that replaces the silver and black part with just one big white or silver one.
    thanks

2. eliteneo thread starter macrumors member

3. spaceboots06 macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

4. JVV33 macrumors newbie

You may want to check eBay out. I know they have a number of vendors who sell the back for the 2G and 3G iPhones. I'm sure they probably include instructions too.

As far as voiding your warranty, the only way they'd know if you'd opened your iPhone is by opening it themselves. Catch my drift ;).

5. eliteneo thread starter macrumors member

like i care about the voiding thing... mine's unlocked and i'm running tmobile on it, and i replaced my battery on it (also voids it)

but what ebay vendors exactly? the ones i looked at were back clip on cases i couldn't find any regular backs.

6. CoreyHM1 macrumors member

Go to ebay, and search for something like iphone 2G housing, iphone housing, or iphone 4gb housing....

7. jcapz macrumors member

I actually have a full set to replace your whole case that I never used at all. I ordered a Knights Creations do it yourself set which came with the gold bezel, gold apple logo, and black treated backing. It's actually a really sharp looking set that deals with scratches really well. Look it up on google or on their site if they still have one and let me know if you want more info on maybe purchasing it off me. I bought it to replace my 2g after I dropped it but never went through with putting it on and ended up giving the phone to a relative.