iPhone backlight isn't working :(

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dyslexicmarcz, May 8, 2008.

1. dyslexicmarcz macrumors newbie

Hi All,

The other day my iPhone was submerged in water for a few seconds. I took it apart and dried it thoroughly. The phone works now but the backlight is not working. Which part do I need to replace to fix it?

I was going to replace the whole LCD, but I was told the backlight is a separate piece. Is there a diagram for the main parts I can use for reference?

ps. plz don't tell me to take it to apple, because i'm not under warranty and I have my own tools and ability to fix electronics.

2. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

Try ifixit, and check out their tear-apart guide for the iPhone to see what all's in there.

Good luck, mate.

3. BENNYBONGO87 macrumors newbie

Hi, Just Wondering Did You Get This Problem Fixed. My Baclight Hasnt Worked Since I Opened The Phone To Fix A Ribbon Cable That Came Loose.

4. zozozo macrumors newbie

Me 2

Hi,

Same problem here: iphone :apple: went to the washing machine :eek:, had to open it :rolleyes:, everything is working ok :) ... but the backlight. :(

Help please!
    Olivier

5. kh14 macrumors member

um....i know you said to not tell you to take it to apple but....TAKE IT TO APPLE:apple:!!!!! they will know what to do you would get better answers if you asked them

6. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

Damn that's annoying

7. synthflut macrumors newbie

hey fellows,

i opened my iphone 3G 10mins ago too to chancge the sim ejector.

after reassembled (VERY CAREFULLY and following the tutorial) THE BACKLIGHT WONT WORK. i see all displaythings but without backlight...

were there any solutions for this problem in the recent posts?

thanks for help

best

j