iPhone Backlight 'Leak'

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Macmadant, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Macmadant macrumors 6502a

Today when watching a trailer on my iphone i noticed that in parts of the space between the screen and the chrome bezel light from the screen is shining through, and now i've noticed it its gonna bug me forever, I'm already putting up with the unaligned back piece with the chrome bezel which creates a rough edge on part of phone.
    Now i don't know what to do, i spent £159 on it's not of apple quality, and over the last few years i've noticed apple's quality finish on their products drop, the other day a relative bought a macbook and the top layer was peeling away from the top of the case, and i was shocked by how shabby and horribly built the macbook felt compared to the iBook, sorry for going off on a tangent,

What should i do about the phone ?

2. danielforman macrumors regular

Already a thread about this problem http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=526266

Might be worth using the forum search feature before you post in future then saves multiple threads on the same subject.:D

Anyway, your problem is fairly widespread and I have had 5 iPhones so far with at least 3 having light leak. Waiting to take my 5th to the Genius Bar. Definitely would take it back if I was you as I have noticed that on the iPhones I have had light leak on dust gets in and goes under the glass and on to the screen.

If you do get a replacement try to check it before you leave the store although it will be hard to see the light leak under the store lights. But also check for dust under the glass, cracked casing, loose buttons, rough edges etc as these seem to be well known defects with the iPhone 3G