iPhone backup cannot be saved

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by hello51191, Sep 11, 2008.

1. hello51191 macrumors newbie

I just updated to itunes 8 and i tried to sync my iphone. It starts to backup and half way through an error message comes up telling me iphone backup cannot be saved. Does anyone else have this?

2. hello51191 thread starter macrumors newbie

anyone? I cannot update to 2.1 right because i cant backup please help

3. teach44 macrumors newbie

I feel your pain hello51191. My iphone is doing the same thing. I've had it for about a month and it will not let me update to 2.1. It keeps telling me the same thing that the backup can't be saved. I've tried everything I can think of and read a lot of forums, but still have no answer. I've tried to restore, restart, remove apps, reinstall itunes and still nothing. I run windows xp, maybe thats the problem. Let me know if anyone has solved this problem.

4. hello51191 thread starter macrumors newbie

i called apple support and they told me to do s restore that worked for me. Sorry to hear that you have the same problem. Did you restore from a backup? I was told to not restore from a backup and delete the exisiting backup all together.

5. teach44 macrumors newbie

I was trying to restore from a backup. I took your advice and did a restore without using a backup. It work perfectly and when I got to the screen where it asks you to setup your phone I set it up as a new phone because when I tried setting up as my original phone it said the backup file was corrupt. I guess that was the problem all along. Thanks for the help. Even though I've had a few little glitches with my iphone I have to say I think it's fantastic. I don't even carry my laptop with me most of the time because I can do so much with the iphone.