Iphone Backup Contact recovery

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by AzZellon, Sep 26, 2009.

1. AzZellon macrumors newbie

Hi there,

I have an issue with my Iphone since it got destroyed literally, the good thing is that I have the backup files stored on my PC, I bought a new phone but not an Apple, I know that the contacts are saved on the backup files and im trying to send them to my Ipod touch but I cant manage to do that.. Is there anyway at all that I can get these contacts from the backup files ?

Your help is much appreciated..

2. AzZellon thread starter macrumors newbie

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Contacts are synced. What did you sync them to?

4. AzZellon thread starter macrumors newbie

iTunes cuz I had to backup my iPhone once before when everything got deleted.. And the contacts were restored back to my phone.. I did everything via iTunes and the iPhone.. All i need is the contacts thats it..

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Yes, what program did you choose in iTunes to sync your contacts (Outlook or Windows Address Book for Windows or Address Book for a Mac)? That's where your contacts are.

6. xIGmanIx macrumors 6502a

i don't think your going to restore your contacts from you iphone to another device, but i could be wrong. Maybe some one would hook you up and let you use their phone to do a restore and copy them over to outlook or whatever.

7. dZp macrumors 6502a

dZp

8. corlet322, May 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2013

corlet322 macrumors newbie

I kept my contacts in iTunes and i can not read them in the computer. It is just stored the data in the iTunes and you may recover the data if you lost it.

9. Tiptizzle macrumors 6502

10. hugowright, Dec 23, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2014

hugowright macrumors newbie

iTunes > Preferences > Devices shows the contacts of backup you have available. I used to have multiple available to me.
    What's more, FonePaw iPhone data recovery software will help you out. It allows you to recover deleted contacts directly from iPhone.

http://fonepaw-iphone-data-recovery.software.informer.com/