iPhone backup extractor for 10.4?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by SkyBell, Apr 25, 2010.

1. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

Hello all, today was the first time I have synced my iPhone in ages. I waited so long to do so because I had reformatted my hard drive without a full data transfer after I reinstalled, and I was worried that syncing my phone would erase everything on it, including some important text messages. Thankfully though, this seems to not be the case.

However, I would like to extract my text messages from the backup I made earlier and be able to view them on my computer. (So much easier then waiting 45 minutes to go back 5 months in text messages on the phone) Every guide I've tried either suggests iPhone Backup Extractor (doesn't work on 10.4), PhoneView (I don't have $20) or Syphone (I have no idea how this thing works.) Are there any other apps out there that will allow me to do this? Thanks.

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You've pretty much found all the stuff I've used (except Syphone, whatever that is). You might try finding someone with SL and asking if you can download iPhone Backup Extractor.

Edit: Looked at Syphone. This should work for you. What's the problem. I couldn't get it to recognize my iPhone, but I'm on 10.6.

3. SkyBell thread starter macrumors 604

SkyBell

Apparently Syphone doesn't work with OS 3 and up. Brilliant. :rolleyes: Guess I'm out of luck unless I can find $20 for PhoneView. Oh well.