Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMistress166

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2010
If there's a thread PLEASE point me in the right direction... I'm trying to find an extraction software that's preferably free... I've had to do this before but can't find my software...

eastercat

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
PDX
Why don't you use your backup?
If you don't have one (and you don't seem to), why don't you have a backup? 1 TB drives are cheap.

iMistress166

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2010
Why don't you use your backup?
If you don't have one (and you don't seem to), why don't you have a backup? 1 TB drives are cheap.

Ok, I have an HP laptop and the hard drive is failing... I can't even get the laptop to go past the OS login screen, it just freezes... I purchased an enclosure to read the drive and retrieve what I can... I cannot locate my backup on the hard drive... I don't know exactly where to look... I've searched online and found the direction to it but for some reason I can't find the right folder...

evilbastard

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2010
Ok, I have an HP laptop and the hard drive is failing... I can't even get the laptop to go past the OS login screen, it just freezes... I purchased an enclosure to read the drive and retrieve what I can... I cannot locate my backup on the hard drive... I don't know exactly where to look... I've searched online and found the direction to it but for some reason I can't find the right folder...

I am sure if you google "Where does Itunes store my iphone backups" you might find some assistance.

iMistress166

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2010
I am sure if you google "Where does Itunes store my iphone backups" you might find some assistance.

After what seemed like hours I was finally able to locate an enclosure to read the failing drive and find the backup for the iphone. It's not as easy to find on 7 because vista nor 7 have "Documents and settings"... It's under appdata or application data...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.