iPhone Backup location in Mac Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Abu Rayane, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Abu Rayane macrumors member

Hello everybody,

I backed up my iPhone using iTunes, the backup location supposed to be:

Code:
    ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/
    But when I go to Application Support I could not find the folder "MobileSync", where supposed to be then?

Thanks in advance

2. The-Pro macrumors 65816

make sure you are in the correct Library. There are 2, one is hidden one is not.

Hold the alt key and click on the Go button in the menu bar when you have the finder active.
    It will show Library in the list. Thats the library you need to be in as far as I know.
    Then follow the path you have posted.

One you find it the backups have weird names, combinations of letters and numbers. Info the folder to see when it was created, edited and the size of it so you make sure its the correct one (only if you have mutiple devices backed up)

3. ApfelKuchen macrumors 68020

Pasting the path you posted into Finder > Go > Go to Folder... should have taken you to the correct library. Be sure you're including the ~ at the very beginning of the path, that's the critical difference between the System Library (/Library) and the User Library (~/Library).

Regardless, The-Pro's instructions are also correct. Either method will get you to the same place.

Now, if you're still not finding it, there's a possibility that the User account you're logged in to has not been used for iTunes backup.

4. ImageStealer macrumors newbie

ImageStealer

iPhone backup location

Hi there;

The simplest solution is to:
    1. Open iTunes
    2. Open preferences (CMD ,)
    3. Select devices in the toolbar
    4. Select the correct iPhone from the list and right-click on it
    5. Select show in finder. The correct file will be highlighted.

Hope this is useful for you.

5. The-Pro macrumors 65816

Didnt know that.
    Very useful :)

6. Abu Rayane thread starter macrumors member

I found some encrypted files, how can I backup items but not encrypted, and how can I know the current path, using CMD + I gave me the path "Macintosh HD ▸ Users ▸ aburayane ▸ Library ▸ Application Support ▸ MobileSync ▸ Backup", but I cannot find Library in aburayane