iPhone Backup Worries

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Bendy Walker, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Bendy Walker macrumors regular

Bendy Walker

Hey there guys,

My girlfriend's laptop is clogged up to the eyeballs with crap, and so I'm going to reformat it and put a fresh installation of Windows 7 on for her.

However, I have a slight concern about her iPhone backup. She doesn't mind me tinkering with her tech as long as everything works correctly afterwards, and whilst I'm confident the laptop as a whole will function better than it did previously, I don't want her to lose all the application data (such as game saves) on her iPhone. I've made full backups of both her C and D drives, so there's no problem there.

Can anyone speak with confidence on whether copying the old iPhone backup and placing it in the same location on the new OS installation will allow for application data to be kept intact.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. stormchaser macrumors 6502

stormchaser

Hi i don,t know if this is of any help to you but my desktop crashed recently and i lost everything (running XP).
    I had to do a destructive reset of the computer in which everything goes back to factory standard.
    To cut a long story short when i re-installed iTunes i still had everything there in all libraries-music,apps etc etc.I don,t know how this came about because i thought i would have to start from scratch.
    Good luck anyway sorry couldn,t be more helpful.

3. lionheartednyhc macrumors 65816

lionheartednyhc

Yes. Just copy the itunes folder

4. Bendy Walker thread starter macrumors regular

Bendy Walker

But I thought the actual phone backup was located in a different place to the iTunes media? I'm not concerned about the media (music, apps etc.) itself, but more about the data related to those apps. I can't afford to lose the progress she has made on the various games she has on her device.